16 May 2010

summer cicadas

i had devoted an entire blog entry previously on how much i can't bear bugs. i think it still stands true, but with a bit of tweak...

tonight i was walking downhills n there is this rare 5 mins on my way down when there was no single car nor person around (this is pretty rare in hong kong at 715pm..), n all that was there, was just the mist i was walking in, some street lights n then the cicadas doing their summer song (n my mints banging inside a tin can. mmm...)

it was quite magical n i just thought only if i dun need to rush to dinner...

n abt my thoughts for bugs, i reckon that as long as i dun c them, i can still get along with, i say most of them :) (except for cockroaches!!)


some unrelated random old pix of the spring/summer sky...

5 comments:

CA_grafico said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CA_grafico said...

Oh! I miss the cicada's sounds.
When I was a kid I used to go with my friends up to a mountain and collect fireflies on a glass jug and I remember the cicadas singing for us wile we played and found our way through the dark.

Karumen said...

i've never seen fireflies in real life!

Lady Ren said...

lovely photos!

Fei An said...

Dear Karumen,

I got your book yesterday and spend the whole night reading it. It really left my sprilt:) YOu were so lovely with you way of writing---your language. I wish I were a hongkongness to understand more of the dialogue:) Well done, keep it up! Seriously admire you, at least, there is the book, very achievemental, indeed! Have a great day!